Enrollment in Canaan Christian Academy is based on completion and submission of all application forms, screening, and interviews.
You will be notified by the Academy to set up a personal interview with the principal. Parents and Guardians should be present for this interview.
Decision and Notification
When all application forms, references, a $50 registration fee and interviews have taken place, applications will be reviewed by Admissions for approval. Parents and guardians will be notified once a decision has been made.
In the event of a class that is full, students will be placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified if an opening becomes available. It is possible that an opening would occur at the beginning of the second semester of school and parents will be offered the opening.
When a student has been admitted to the school, parents or guardians must complete the registration forms to complete enrollment. A student’s placement will not be guaranteed until registration forms are complete.
Applications are accepted throughout the school year. However, early application is encouraged. The enrollment decision is made as soon as possible after the application, references, and application fee of $50 are received.
Canaan Christian Academy seeks students from homes where God and His Word are honored, Biblical values are taught and practiced, and where the glory of God is the goal of life.
One of the keys to success in a Christian school is harmony between the teaching and example of the home, church and school. The school’s admissions policies seek to promote such success.
Admission requirements for students wishing to attend CCA are:
- At least one parent or guardian must be a born-again Christian and a member of a Bible-believing church. The churches from which the CCA families come must be approved by the school board.
- Parents must be in doctrinal agreement with the Academy and must indicate willingness for their children to be taught that doctrine
- Parents must agree to stand behind the school’s disciplinary code.
- The student must meet requirements necessary for participation in the academic program of CCA; testing may be necessary.
- To enter Kindergarten, students must be five years old before September 1st of that school year. Kindergarten students will be admitted only after proper evaluation indicates that they are physically and mentally ready for the Kindergarten program.
- Both parents and the student for whom the application has been made will be interviewed by the principal.
It is recommended that application for admission to Canaan Christian Academy be done as much in advance of the start of the school year as possible.